(dedicated to Sr. Theresa March, July 2017)
1. Sit completely
still, wrapped in the arms of love, every morning for at least half an hour, and also at night if you can manage it.
2. Race around at least once a day - it
energizes the whole body and the deep soul.
3. Sleep in the afternoon as well as most of the night. Get up early.
4. Be continually curious. Even familiar people and things show something new every day. Jump on it if you can.
twice a day. Three times a day can make you lazy.
6. Sniff everything, very slowly. Let your nose teach you about what you perceive. Trust that.
7. When cold, find a heat source and roll over in its beams. Then fall into a nap.
8. Explore every blade of grass and new smell in your world, but never hurry unless something is running away from you, like a ball or a mouse or a frog.
Welcome every new person with curious sniffing or at least close examination.
10. Don't eat until you know you really want it. Pause and look away a few times
before you take a bite.
11. Love everything and everyone, even the dog, though caution is recommended with her!