December always confronts us with deeper and deeper contrasts. While the world hovers on edge with North Korea's daily threats and Donald Trump's arrogant, self-focused stances on everything, out come all the Christmas hoopla, tired and worn and
increasingly shallow and superficial. How to sustain oneself in such a world? Some ways I am discovering:
1. Don't watch the news too often. Anything major will reach you.
2. Look for positive signs of heart presence in yourself and others and
3. Bless the negativity everywhere and then let it go, especially and immediately in yourself.
4. Seek out nature encounters - trees and dry grass and snow will do - and open to receive.
5. Search for silence - a few
moments at a time. Slowly it will heal your wounds from too much noise and overload. Think of silence as a way of rest.
6. MIndfully light candles every day...